Part 1: Remove the traffic lights on Highway 360 between 183 and Loop 1. This will involve creating over/under passes. This will alleviate traffic on Loop 1.
Part 2: Get rid of proposed tolls on Loop 1. We need as many open lanes as possible.
Part 3: Remove traffic lights on 183 between 290 and TX-45. This will require creation of new over/underpasses. This will alleviate traffic on I35
Part 4: Remove lights on Parmer between Avery Ranch Blvd and I 35. Also add more lanes. This will involve creation of over/underpasses. The intent is to redirect traffic off of 183 to and from Cedar Park. They should also create a flyover at the intersections with I35 and with Loop 1.
Part 5: Remove lights on Airport blvd. between Lamar and 183 S. This will involve creating over/under passes. This will alleviate traffic on I35 and 183.
Part 6: Remove lights on Lamar between 183 and 71. This will involve creating over/under passes. This will alleviate traffic on I35, 183 and Loop 1.
Part 7: Make toll road around Austin free for truck traffic. This will alleviate congestion on I-35.
Part 8: Schedule public employees to arrive to work and leave work outside of normal rush hours. Maybe 10am-6pm or 6am-2pm. This will create more even distributions of traffic.
Part 9: Stagger public school start/end times to create more evenly distributed traffic patterns.
Problems solved. Now you just need to find billions of dollars to do it.

6 Votes
1  Comment

Charles Hammond

• Flag

Popular

Most active conversations!

Parking

What works for Austin?

Share your ideas

How can we improve transportation?
Share your ideas with 1,195 other Austinites!

Edit your Idea

How can we improve transportation?

Flag this post?

Is this inappropriate content?

Delete this post?

Are you sure you want to
delete this post?

This cannot be undone